About the PGES PTA
They say it takes a village...
The Pleasant Grove Elementary School PTA ("PGES PTA") is a volunteer-based organization. We are run by parents, just like you, along with school staff. It is the PTA's job to sponsor events, orchestrate fundraisers, coordinate all those behind the scene things like Spirit Wear and Teacher Appreciation events. All the profits earned from these events and fundraisers goes right back into our school.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Every Child. One Voice.
- Collaboration We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
The PGES PTA is part of the NC PTA, which is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.